whatever love you can get and give,
you can filch or provide,
every temporary measure of grace,
whatever works.(as long as you don’t hurt anybody)
I don’t know where you stand on the I love/hate Woody Allen scala, but I cannot think anything better than this speech of Larry David for a new years resolution. It can also be used for birthday cards, graduations and (if nothing else works) wedding vows.
I asked Maria, Rachel, Sarie and myself to make two resolutions lists- one for themselves, one for the world.
Despina to Despina
Despina to the World
… that I made for myself
1. Check them on a regular basis, cross off when accomplished
2. Communicate more. Clearer and louder
3. Extra back up photographs, works and things that are important
4. Wear glasses, at least when working
5. Don't go from no smoking to chain smoking in just one evening
6. Make the most out of the BahnCard: travel farther
7. If I ever achieve nr. 4, read more theory... in German
8. Improve on traditional mailing
9. Spend this summer somewhere else, out of Berlin
10. Stop mystifying
… that I suggest to others (in Berlin/the world)
1. Be more precise
2. Go visit a friend abroad
3. Ask more questions, learn from the answers
4. Bury your smartphone and sing some mantra
5. Dance more, that's really revolutionary
6. Talk to strangers
7. Get the BVG controllers pissed off by slowly searching for your ticket, that might also help some ticketless one
8. When hesitating, let the Oblique Strategies help you
9. Learn/improve languages
10. Drink less, support printed media instead
The end of my period in Berlin as an intern is on its way. A To Do List is kind of a resolution, right? Here's an inside of my To Do List for the last month of my stay in this beautiful city. And also because I can only hold on to resolutions if it will last for just one month.
Resolutions and do's or don'ts for people considering living in Berlin
pic by Maria Santos
Just got back from paradise last night, so here are my resolutions! Thanks for waiting. :)"
-a Ritter Sport bar is NOT lunch
-turkish delights are NOT dinner
-verbessern mein Deutsch...
-stop getting caught without a ticket on public transportation (bought a month ticket today!)
-be less lazy
-make smart financial decisions (haha just kidding)
-exercise more...at Berghain
pic by Julie Simon
-smoke less cigarettes
-wear more colors
-read more books
-no miserably cold weather (or miserably hot weather...)
-mass Facebook exodus
-urinate in the toilet, not in the train/on the sidewalk/all over the place
-be more punctual!
Berlin Independents Guide is an artist run communication network. The exhibition guide comes out every two months and is distributed for free in galleries and bookstores. Listings accepted from project spaces, galleries, art institutes and art related venues in Berlin. For more information and prices have a look here.
info(at)bpigs.com - 030 75633769 - Postal address: BPIGS Hirten Str 7, 10178 Berlin/ Respect the environment please do NOT send printed invitations or posters.